FOH Restaurant Assistant Manager
The X Pot pays tribute to traditional Chinese cuisine with its hotpot technique, where guests can select and cook their own ingredients at the table in real-time. Together with the abundance of meat, seafood, and vegetable selections, the most adventurous diners will boast giving the guests the ultimate hot pot experience. The X Pot will serve up a unique multi-sensory dining experience such as a 360-degree projection of an interactive light shows that appear on diner’s plates, robots, and “thematic soundscapes.” At our restaurants, guests are presented with the opportunity to enjoy meals without compromise. Working at The X Pot is unlike anything else you’ve experienced before. Since our menu is a journey into a new way of eating, those who prepare, present and serve the food are key to telling our story. Our family of chefs, managers, cooks, servers, bartenders, hosts, dishwashers and more are the key ingredients to our growth and success. Join our growing team and we’ll show you how passionate we are about making your career goals come TRUE.
Our Managers lead our team members and grow our business. At the heart of each of our restaurants is a management team committed to operating a profitable restaurant, driving sales and building a culture of hospitality that True intends on preserving for meals to come. These restaurant leaders will continue to raise the bar every day for themselves, their team and their restaurant location. Our managers underscore our mission, vision, values and most importantly, the culture of each of our unique restaurant families.
- At least 5 years experience in the hospitality industry and previous experience in Upscale Restaurant/High Volume.
- At least 1-2 years of management experience in a high-volume restaurant, preferably in a Hotel/casino environment.
- Physical ability to access all areas of the restaurant, withstand prolonged standing, stretching, bending, kneeling, lifting and carrying items, work indoors, being exposed to hot/cold surfaces, steam, wet floors is required. Environmental factors include noise, dust, cigarette smoke etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and guest service skills to deal effectively with guests, employees and management.
- Strong organizational skills to function effectively under time constraints with particular attention to detail and quality of service.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with management, associates, and hourly employees.
- Ability to effectively listen and administer instructions, make decisions quickly and delegate responsibilities accordingly and remain calm and manage multiple tasks in very-high paced and stressful environment.
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude and ability to deal effectively with guests, management, employees and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Able to frequently move freely about the office, sit for long periods and withstand various activities such as frequent walking, standing, and bending.
- Able to maintain manual dexterity to access computer via computer keyboard and operate office equipment, such as telephones, copiers, fax machine, etc.
- Have the ability to access all areas of the facility and travel off property.
- General understanding of F&B division, budgeting, profit and loss statement, labor costs, food and beverage costs, and operation expenses.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
A Bachelor’s Degree from four-year College or university and/or course certification from an accredited Culinary Institute.
Must have Food Safety Certification (ServSafe or Health Card), Alcohol Awereness Card, Non-Gaming Card.
Working knowledge of the Culinary Union bargaining agreement.
Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.